Saturday, November 22, 2008

Arrogance and Code Hosting

Arrogance: I'm going to write like I actually have an audience here.

Code hosting: I'd been unsure of how to go about posting the code to my projects, trying sites.google.com, which can host files within a wiki-type application, to Drop.IO, again with file hosting, though they both suffer from making it difficult to push large projects to them. I had to tar.gz them to keep them contained, and that's just not how you do this kind of thing.

And then Ars Technica posts a guide to setting up an account and repository on GitHub. I Already put Simple Extension there and updated the post here to reflect the new code location and changed the drop.io link to point to github. As I work on the other projects, they'll get repositories too.

No comments:

Post a Comment