Wednesday, April 06, 2011

And now I can't remember what got me on this line of thought...

So here I am, hacking away in Python for oh, a few years now, and I just remembered what got me into Python in the first place.

See, I was using Python's implicit line wrapping with a tuple, and remembered back to when I read an article explaining that Python did that. Before that, all my longer lists weren't wrapped, or wrapped with '\'.

That made me recall the impetus that had me looking for such information in the first place: a Wiimote driver for Linux called CWiid.

Which, coincidently, was the first time I had seriously taken a look at Python.

I was using it to add motion control to Descent 3, which I had just purchased from GoG.com, which was... September 23rd, 2008.

I got something rudimentary going, noted that it would take a lot of hacking to make it better, and I needed to be better at the extension language it used to do it myself. So I waded into that language, which turned out to be Python.



Huh. I never did get back to motion control in Descent 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment